Pemberton • Whistler
Sports Injuries • Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy • Dry Needling • Acupuncture • Visceral Therapy
Acupuncture Dry Needling
Acupuncture dry needling is a technique that is used to relieve muscle spasms and release trigger points in the muscle.
How Does it work?
- It is based on a concept of muscle fiber fatigue
- Basically, the insertion of the needle into the trigger point causes the nerve(s) at the trigger point to keep firing until it becomes so fatigued it can no longer sustain itself
- The needles used are the same as the ones used for regular acupuncture, but the technique and theory are different
- The advantage of this technique over others for trigger point release is that it is a safe technique and often produces a very immediate effect
What types of conditions can it be used for?
- This technique can be very effective on muscles that are either in acute spasm, or on muscles that have chronic tension and trigger points in them